HOME        LOG IN        NEW POST

4/05/2010

Dragon

I watched 'How to Train your Dragon' the other day. Get to the theater and buy yourself a ticket. It was a really superbly animated film - scratch that, I was a superb film period. So go enjoy.


Quirky side things I noticed in the film:

Dreamworks really has figured out hair and fur. The only character that's hair every stuck out to me was Astrid's bangs. See if you notice in the film or if it is just me.

Toothless reminds me of Stitch. A lot. Something about his facial expressions.

Those were the only things that ever took me out of the movie. When I buy it, I'll study the animation - it was rock solid and I know that because I never thought to myself 'this is animated', or 'that was animated well', or 'that felt a bit floaty'. It just never came up and that is really an animators ultimate goal: give a beautiful performance and tell memorable stories. 

Good work Dreamworks! 

1 comment: